Chia Seed Pudding with Strawberry Kiwi Compote
I love creating fun, healthy desserts for Leo, or anything for that matter. He’s not picky and will try most anything.
Sure, he goes through phases where he wants us to feed him randomly (which is so strange); however, the past couple of days he’s been all about sitting at the table (we did away with his highchair a while ago), using his utensils, and having full-blown conversations with us about his day, in his own Leo language.
Since we’re always on the move, I’ve been trying to make things that are filled with healthy fats and nutrients to keep him satiated throughout the day. Some days he naps, some days he doesn’t so I always have to be prepared, and when he’s hungry, he’s MOODY. I wonder who he gets that from… 🤔😏
All that said, I think I found his new favorite treat. Right now it’s a dessert, but I don’t know why he couldn’t eat it for breakfast. I mean, I have a bunch leftover so I might as well use it in the morning.
- 2 cups coconut milk
- ¾ cup chia seeds
- 2 kiwis, chopped (skin removed)
- 6-8 strawberries, chopped
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon pure maple syrup (optional)
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the coconut milk and chia seeds, whisking until well-combined.
- Place the bowl in the refrigerator for 10 minutes, stirring half-way through to break up any clumps.
- In a small pot, add the kiwis, strawberries, water, and maple syrup (if using).
- Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally, then reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove the pot from the heat and use a slotted spoon to add the fruit to a high-speed blender.
- Blend on low, slowly adding in the liquid from the pot until the mixture reaches a medium-thick consistency.
- Divide the compote equally into two 12-ounce glasses and top each with the chia seed pudding.
- Add sliced strawberry and kiwi as desired and enjoy!